– First, you need a piece of fabric that can hold in all your weight! I used black button-down shirts. I then trimmed it to the desired size. When cutting the shirt, don’t fold it in half, fold it in half horizontally.
– Then put the dress on and tuck your hair back under!
– Then take off the skirt. I cut some of the fabric in strips and just tucked it under.
– Now you make your bow! Just put a bow-tie on the collar and on the neck and tie it.
– You will now have your flapper dress!
I made the dress with 2 layers of fabric. It took me about 2 hours from design to completion. I cut my fabric along the diagonal lines to create the dress’s waist. I used 4 buttons from my shirt for the waist. You could also use ribbon, but I found that the dress seemed to be too short for the ribbon. I like how it turned out because there is a lot of texture coming from the bottom of the dress. When I sew it, I sew 2 different colors. It creates this pretty pattern! Here the colors of the fabric come off through folds in the dress.
I hope you enjoyed this tutorial!
If you like this I would love to see your flapper dresses as well!
I post every day. Subscribe to my newsletter and leave your name and e-mail in the box to sign-up by clicking on the link. Click the button you signed-up and you will be entered to win a $10 Amazon gift card. There is other great prizes in the newsletter too like a free shirt! If you want to join my newsletter just click on the box. The giveaway will last 24 hours.
You can also follow me on Instagram so you always see more of my flappers! I have also created a page on Facebook where you can receive daily updates and see the photos that I have been posted in.
If you are a flapper and want to sell your flapper dresses or other products online then check out my shop.
Have you made a flapper dress? If you are going to be posting pictures of your flapper dresses in the blog then please use these images. For more flapper dress tutorials and ideas then use the image above. The image shown below was created from the dress shown below:
[vc_single_image image=”3″ caption=”” class=””]