Can I make it sound louder?
As you start making changes to your ukulele, make sure you have all the necessary pieces in place:
– you need to replace your neckstock with one with a better, larger radius and a wider, narrower peg head (the ones that sit on a table in a shop aren’t optimal for this)
– you need to replace your strings with ones that are more durable and will be more durable for longer periods of time (it does have a shorter shelf life than a standard uke, so it won’t be completely worn out in 1-2 months, like the standard uke does.)
– and last, but certainly not least, you need to invest in some special, heavy gauge nylon strings. Those with a diameter of between 3 to 4.5mm will help prevent any kind of damage, and the thinner the better.
What are some tips for replacing a string?
– If you are trying to replace a standard “normal” nylon string, you will have to buy special nylon for that purpose, as it’s a bit more costly, but it is very good: they are just a lot more durable than standard nylon. It might also be recommended to purchase a set of 5 strings for a few years, then replace the set, for the extra weight savings
– If you are replacing a “high density” nylon string, it might be worth trying to get a nylon with a lower density as well, as nylon that contains less density can be more forgiving in picking, and be more comfortable to play. But it might not be worth trying out a string with a higher density for long periods.
– You may find that removing part of the string tip from the upper side of the uke works really well, as this increases the amount of air that gets blown into your playing area during a chord change.
– If you don’t like to spend money on replacing some sort of string, you can always use a spare string and make up the missing material with string glue.
What if my uke doesn’t work out?
It is a good idea to do a bit of research before buying any new ukuleles, as many brands offer an average of 2-3 years on average for the time your instrument is in good working order.
Some brands sell their instruments as a new, complete uke, which means that while it might be in great shape, the materials used from the
youtube learn how to play the ukulele song chords, how to learn ukulele strum patterns down down down up down, best beginner ukulele songs, learn ukulele you and i ingrid, how to learn guitar chords quickly menu