There are only three qualities of one’s drawing: 1) the quality, which is the nature of your style, and 2) how you work it; and 3) how you do it. If you work your style all right and make your style what you want, it will become stronger.
How about you? Which style do you follow?
If you answered “style of your drawing technique” rather than “what you do,” then there’s no need to tell us.
It is a pleasure for you to hear your opinion about the style you follow (or choose not to follow), and we welcome your opinions about what style you follow and how you work your personal style into your work.
(1) In the first place, it is always a good thing to listen to your own thoughts, and to learn about your own personal style as well as those of others.
(2) It doesn’t always have to be style that you follow. Your personal style can easily be one of many. If you enjoy drawing, you can draw all right. If you dislike making drawings, you can be absolutely indifferent as to how you draw.
(3) If you like drawing, be happy to be drawn as well. If you hate drawing, be unhappy to have drawn.
(4) Your own choice of style is never a final and complete judgment about your style, just as your taste is never a final judgment of how you feel about a movie.
(5) As for your favorite type of pictures, that is an entirely subjective matter. It would be great to have many people telling you about their favorite type of pictures, but it’s not what has caused the great art that has been produced in the past. That is all you can know for sure. To put it more precisely, your personal taste (how you think pictures should look, what style works best for your drawing) has not been taken into account when you’re making up your mind on a picture.
It is a pleasure for you to hear your opinion about the style you follow (or choose not to follow), and we welcome your opinions about what style you follow and how you work your personal style into your work. It is a delight to have a conversation with you about this.
(6) We hope that there are good, interesting and creative people out there who are not afraid of criticism. It would be wonderful if you could put your opinion to the test by taking a little time to